Tuesday, July 17, 2012

lovely little local

While driving around my neck of the woods a few months back I discovered a cute little place that caught my eye called Olive My Heart. When I got home and did some research I found out it was a gourmet Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar tasting room that was opening soon. I also saw that they could do private parties and was instantly intrigued so I emailed them to find out more. 



I'm not even 100% sure how it came to happen that I was helping the owners daughter Brandee organize a VIP Blogger Night as part of their Grand Opening weekend but honestly anything I touch gets turned into an event (what can I say, it's the Virgo in me). Anyway the day for the VIP Blogger Night finally came this past Friday and it was such a blast!

We started with some delicious hors d'oeuvres catered by Nosh Eatery. The chef made everything using Olive My Heart's oils and vinegars and it was to-die-for! I'm talking potato chips with some delicious cheese drizzled with some crazy good oil, little spoonfuls of fruit, cheese, and fruit flavored balsamic vinegars, and even some really good chicken the made me wish (if only for a moment) I wasn't vegetarian. All the attendees hovered around that food table the whole night.




The owners Linda and her husband Ron, were the kindest, most accommodating, and knowledgeable hosts ever too. They gave us a quick informative tour of the tasting room and let us sample away. Did you know you can actually do shots of balsamic vinegar? Seriously it's so good you could drink it plain!


They have a ridiculous amount of oils, vinegars, spices, and rubs for your palette to go ga-ga over. They also have great ideas for pairings, and recipes.


My mom and myself went to town and left with a total of 7 bottles (two of which were mini's). We got a basil olive oil to mix with a grapefruit white balsamic vinegar to use on caprese salad, as well as fig and strawberry balsamic vinegars, and a ridiculous amount of oils too. I can't wait to dip some bread into my delicious new olive oils!




And while we are on the topic of food, Linda suggested an amazing lime/coconut mixture to use on grilled shrimp. Um yes please! 


I will stop rambling and gushing now but seriously Olive My Heart is a total gem. Stop in to do a tasting and pick up a bottle of Olive Oil on your way to party (what a great gift for your hostess bread + Gourmet Olive Oil). Or email them to arrange a private tasting with friends. What a unique start to a birthday night with couples or friends, end it with dinner at Nosh.





6 comments:

  1. Olive My Heart sounds so lovely! I love fresh bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was lovely!! do you have anything like it y you blair?

      Delete
  2. Wow super cool!! That's fun that it's an event. I never heard of an olive oil tasting room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are apparently the next hot thing!!! i bet you'll see one popping up in Houston soon!! xoxo

      Delete

LOVELY THOUGHTS