Sunday, July 29, 2012

little loves

I know I've been such a bad blogger this past week, but sometimes life just gets in the way. Either way I have lots fun new posts coming this week (and next) including a shopping haul vlog, some big beauty news for my local lovelies, another drugstore beauty battle, some great party planning finds I've discovered lately, AND a great little wedding gift guide. 

I hope you lovelies had a great 2 weeks!

 Last Saturday I ran errands in this cute summer Noto dress from last year. I don't really like back tie dresses so I switched the tie to the front side. These unique earrings from one of my sponsors Phul Effect were the perfect addition to the outfit. And of course I wore my new bag from Tj Maxx. 
PS. My blog readers get 15% off and free shipping on Phul Effect with code Lovely15

 Last Sunday I decided to pair up Noto and Phul Effect again with this retro inspired dress (Noto) and these classic ruby red drop earrings (Phul Effect). 

Here is quick sneak peek at the new shopping haul going this week. Items from Loft, TJ Maxx, Macy's, and thirty-one. 

My best friend Lindsay makes the best salsa ever, I'm not even a salsa eater and I love her salsa. I got her recipe last week and made it twice over the two weeks for 2 different events. 
It was huge hit too! 
Ingredients
Two Cans - Del Monte Zesty Jalapeño Tomatoes
One Can - Black Beans
One Small Can - White Shoepeg Corn
Yellow Onion - As much as you'd like
Cilantro - As much as you'd like
Lindsay add's fresh jalapeños but since I do not like very spicy things I added in a green pepper. If you like spicy I think it would be good with both!
The secret magic ingredient - Fat Free Italian Dressing. Make sure its the oil + vinegar kind and not creamy. 

I know the Italian dressing sounds strange but trust me it is to die for. All you do is drain all the cans and add them together and add as much or as little of the onion, cilantro, jalapeños, and or green pepper as you wish. I use about half of the bottle of the dressing, but it's totally up to you! Without the extra jalapeños it is sweet and with them it is sweet and spicy. This would also be an awesome mix to use in a bean dip, on a salad, and so much else! Plus it super easy to make last minute and it seems as though you put a lot of time into it. 

I got a nice surprise in the mailbox this week from Beauty Bar + Sample Society with Allure. Bascially it is a Birchbox type beauty subscription service. I have no idea why I received it or how, but I did. It didn't have any special note saying it was a promotional item for Allure Beauty Experts, but that is my most logical guess as to why I got it. Either way it was a great surprise and had some awesome samples in it! Thanks Sample Society! 

Do any of you get Sample Society?


6 comments:

LOVELY THOUGHTS