Wednesday, June 1, 2011

lovely little trend

70's Flare
I am love, love, loving this trend for many reasons. First and foremost flare jeans are incredibly flattering, especially on curvier figures (unlike dreaded skinny jeans). Secondly I love channeling different era's and personalities, and third it looks effortlessly pulled together and chic. 

When I was spring cleaning out my dresser I was lucky enough to find the perfect pair of 70's inspired flare jeans from high school. They won't work with pumps due to the length but I can't wait to channel this vibe. I just might just have to purchase a pair I can rock with super high pumps too.





Pair with a lightweight blouse tucked into front of jeans.


 Don't forget accessories! Skinny leather belt, great pumps, 70's inspired round sunnies, fringed bag, and turquoise jewelry.




As always if you are rocking this trend send me your pictures!
allblogfeature@gmail.com
subject: trend


11 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I love this trend too! I literally got those jeans at Gap for 14.50 this weekend, no lie. Love the extra 40% off! I've worn them in a few posts, so comfy and stylish at the same time! Great post lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is the post! :) http://reneeallisondesign.blogspot.com/2011/04/lookbook-high-waisted-happiness.html
    Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks renee!! got mine today for $13!! :) p.s love the way you wore them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have the Gabriella wedge at Gabriel Bros in Kent right now too for like 12.99! I am a shoe glutton =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. man!! loving all the sale alerts!! i think we need to start a fb group so we can all help each other out when there are amazing sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. boo!! haha sorry but i don't want flares to come back! i love skinnies :) too soon, fashion world!!! (this isn't like "oh my mom used to wear these," it's like "hey we used to wear these")

    ReplyDelete
  7. well since i know that you- digame ago loco- have a very trim figure you don't have to celebrate this as much as us curvier ladies! but you should! flares are so fun to wear, and yes we did wear them (our generation) but the style that is in now is the way our parents wore them! high wasted with blowzy and buttoned up shirts! you should try rocking it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this look coming back :) i have these amazing light weigh linen-denim pants that are flare and they're amazing and SO COMFY!!


    sarah
    www.sarahslaundry.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. me too sarah!! i have 2 pairs now that i got #2 for $13!! one for flats, and one for pumps! make sure you do an outfit post with yours! i want to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes...loving flares and bells right now too. :-) I got some awesome knit bells that I wore in a post awhile back. Love love.

    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  11. owww I LOVE flares, they should be one of the seven wonders of the world xxx

    ReplyDelete

LOVELY THOUGHTS