Wednesday, May 25, 2011

may beauty love list

Although last month I did two completely separate posts, one for make-up and one for beauty, this month I combined them. Depending on how many new products I have tried and loved enough to pass on it will vary. As I mentioned in my previous beauty and make-up love list posts, I strongly believe that word of mouth is the best way to try new products. I would like to mention I have not been paid to endorse a certain product. I have really bought all the products myself, really love them and delight in sharing great products with others. Enjoy!


I have very thick hair but it tends to lay pretty flat on my head. I recently purchased this mousse after seeing it featured in my go to magazine Glamour. It literally feels like silk in your hands, and is incredibly lightweight due to the consistency. The mousse makes my hair incredibly bouncy and full. I would recommend this product to anyone in need of a little pick me up.

Another discovery due to my beauty bible Glamour. I have a serious issue with split ends. I am constantly trying new products to prevent them and heal them. I  decided to give this product a shot and I am so glad I did. If you have split ends you must try this right now! Seriously go to CVS and get it right now. I can not say enough good this about it. I saw improvement within one use. I am not exaggerating.

I know what you're thinking, Suave really? Yes really. As if you don't know all of my hair issues by now, lets add another! My hair is very oily, and working in the food industry doesn't help the problem. I go from working in a restaurant to working at an office in the same day and one spray of this makes me feel like a whole new woman. Also great for boosting your roots up a little. It doesn't break the bank and oh it smells amazing too!

I can not believe I forgot to feature this in my first love list post. I know the price tag seems steep but believe me when I say it is well worth it. I treated myself to this lip stain after I tried countless drug store brands that could hardly color my lips let alone stain them. I use a soft deep natural pink called Enchanted. Since I am not a big fan of lipstick or gloss this is perfect for me, long lasting color with no fuss. And you don't have to take my word for it this stain has all kinds of awards.

This lovely little palette is perfect in every way. Use a large brush to get a combination of pink, gold, and bronze shades to dust over cheeks and chest. Or use individual shades for eyes. Perfect for adding that sun-kissed glow just in time for summer.

With warmer weather approaching I tend to go even lighter with my foundation. This moisturizer is lightly tinted to give coverage perfect for summer days by the pool.

I have been wanting to try a lash booster for quite some time now so when I saw all the buzz surrounding this one I had to try it. I was lucky enough to get a mail in rebate, and you can too! Most drugstores offer a mail in rebate when you buy this product, just look for the sticker on the box. I have only been using this for about a week, and I swear I can see a difference. 

As I mentioned before I used to be quite the tanning addict. Now I get air brushed when I'm feeling a little pale, but that adds up quickly and doesn't last very long. I have to admit I have never tried an at home self tanner and was pretty nervous. This gradual lotion is a cinch to use and adds the perfect sun kissed color to my skin. I use the one for fair to medium skin tones, directly out of the shower and making sure I apply evenly.

If you saw my little loves feature last week you already know how happy I am with these strips. They aren't quite the "peel and press" that they claim but they are fairly easy to apply and they last 2 weeks. Follow me on Facebook to see how mine held up. Although they did not instruct me to apply top coat I couldn't resist.

If you a polish freak like me there should be no other top coat on your list. It is a little pricy but well worth it. Super glossy and thick this stuff dries in record time. Some polish addicts even apply between coats of color to speed up drying time. This is a must have for all.


And if you have yet to hear or enroll in the CVS Beauty Club, do so now. For every $50 spent you earn $5 back, and beauty adds up fast. Any of these items would qualify towards that $50. Plus receive coupons, discounts, deals, and other incentives just for signing up. 


3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for the tips ;)

    I am going to try out those Sally Hansen nails effects this weekend!

    xoxo, Kye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Kylene! And you will love the strips! just make sure to follow the instructions carefully, and apply top coat every few days to make them last even longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha... no worries there... I am a top coat freak!

    ReplyDelete

LOVELY THOUGHTS