Wednesday, August 22, 2012

quick question

I get a lot of emails, messages, texts, tweets, and everything in between asking for my help on everything from a unique shower gift to how to utilize mason jars. While I try and get back to as many people as possible, some slip through the cracks (so please, if you ask me a question and I don't reply try again). Sometimes I can write a quick reply, others take a little time, and sometimes I get a question that I think would really interest and benefit my readers too.

Last week a reader of mine Katie sent me this short and sweet email...
"Hi There! I am a huge follower of your blog and Facebook page and I noticed you have talked about your Clarisonic MIA (which I just recently bought, thanks to you). I don't want to have to keep buying the Clarisonic cleanser and figured you'd be my go to girl to ask. So what is your daily cleansing routine, what products do you use, and what cleanser would you recommend with my MIA? Thanks!"

I bought my MIA around December and have used it every day since, and I love it. I feel like it really gets off so much I was leaving behind on my skin before. Because I wear a full face of make-up almost every day I like to use something before I cleanse with my MIA so the brush head lasts longer and isn't full of make-up. 

So typically on a normal day...
I cleanse with my favorite Olay (sensitive) face wipes in the morning, just to rid of any oil, dirt, etc my skin might have picked up over night. 

Then I do my make-up for work.

After work I come home and take a shower. This is when I use my newest favorite find, the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. I picked this scrub up when my skin was having a bad breakout and it cleared up within 2 days. It's gentle enough to use everyday, and the green tea really does help calm redness. This scrub also takes off most of my make-up so it won't get all over my MIA.

I usually start on my hair right after the green tea scrub so my face can have a breather for a second before I start cleansing again. Once I have my conditioner in and soaking into my hair, I break out the MIA. I go with a gentle, simple cleanser for the second round since the green tea is a bit more harsh. I have found a few cleansers I really enjoy with the MIA but these are my favorite 2 thus far.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser + Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel

Both feel gentle on my skin but strong enough to get off all the extra, left behind stuff. My skin feels clean but not tight which is a good sign (too tight skin means you stopped it of the good oils). 

After this I usually do one of two things: get ready to go out somewhere, or stay in for the rest of the day. 

If I go back out, when I get home later I will take off my make-up with either the Olay wipes, the MIA, or both. Just depends on how much make-up I had on and how tired I am frankly.

If I stay in for the night I usually just throw on my night creams and call it a night. 

Olay face wipes in the morning again, rinse and repeat ;)

I hope this helps Katie with her daily cleaning routine, and with some MIA cleanser suggestions. Hopefully it helped one or two of you as well!

Do any of you have a daily cleanser you love? 
What do you lovelies use with your MIA's if ou have one?





1 comment:

LOVELY THOUGHTS