Tuesday, December 11, 2012

leivankash mood board #NokiaLVK

Hello My Lovelies!

A few weeks back I was invited to participate in a competition powered by the new Nokia Lumia 900 who partnered with the amazing, power house, and jewelry designer LeiVanKash. The incredibly talented lovely lady behind LVK is Leila Kashanipour who's style is a mix of rock, glam, magical, and all around AH-MAZING! Seriously check out some of her style images via her Twitter, and get ready to swoon!

Her pieces have gathered their very own cult like following including the likes of Rita Ora (who I have a MAJOR girl crush on),  Olivia Palermo, and more! Add me to that list because I ADORE her pieces! 

#NokiaLVK

The basics of the competition were to use the Nokia Lumia 900 to capture images and gather inspiration that is inspired by one of the five LVK collections; Damocles, Flora, Persepolis, Skullmania, and Totem.


I had a difficult time at first trying to chose what collection to model my mood board after but once I read a little about each I was immediately sold on Totem. Besides LOVING animal inspired jewelry and it being spot-on-trend, I loved the concept and inspiration behind it. I was at first considering taking on a dark, gothic feel but realized that wasn't what the Totem spirit was all about. So I kept it light, free, and 


I worked my mood boards in three parts, first by picking animals that I think would make great totems, and of course beautiful jewelry. I picked a Leopard, Cheetah, Owl, and Lion (is it obvious I am a crazy cat lady?). I think owl jewelry gets the short end of the stick and most times comes off super tacky, cutesy, and cheap but I think if it's done right (which I am certain LVK can do) it could be killer. Below are my animal inspirations and thier totem qualities.  


The second part of my board are some of my daily outfits (some of them were taken prior to the Nokia Lumia 900) and the pieces of the Totem collection I would have loved to style with my looks. I love the way the Unicorn ring ties right into my Unicorn scarf in the first picture, and how the feathers embody the Owl totem I choose as inspiration. I love how the pieces in this collection are whimsical yet still classy, a seriously hard feat. One of my favorite pieces from the Totem collection are the Swan Drop Earrings I would have LOVED to pair with the maxi look below. Aren't they just gorgeous?! I also adore how simple the feather bracelets are and how they can pair up wonderfully together with contrasting metals. 

#NokiaLVK

My third and final part of the board are various images captured by me or found online that embodied this collection and I hope inspire more beautiful Totem pieces to come. I love the talon style bracelet and ring (a way the Owl Totem can be represented in the right way). I included this gorgeous tassel necklace because I imagine a lions head being hidden in the knot, or feathers hidden in the tassels. 

 #NokiaLVK

I really loved being a part of this amazing competition and it really inspired me to find more meaning behind my jewelry. I am so smitten with not just the Totem collection but all the collections by LVK. It was so fun to play with the Nokia Lumia 900 and I was really impressed with the amazing display and layout of the screen tiles, which was so aesthetically pleasing! Do any of you lovelies use a Nokia Lumia? You could probably teach me a thing or two!

Which collection is your favorite? What Totem would you choose to guide you through life?






7 comments:

  1. Owl is a totem of mine. But I am enamored with the unicorn ring! Nicely done Miss Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that talon ring!! It's so fierce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the totem theme! I'd like to see giraffes, great creatures of peace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kings of the Jungle themed jewelry is so cool. Very powerful and aesthetically pleasing. It would be awesome to see this inspiration in a mens tie clip!!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of this! I think the Totem collection is so you, it doesn't surprise me that you chose this one. I love that you showed outfits and some pieces together. And the images at the bottom, the 3rd part are amazing. I love the whole feel of this, girl! I hope they love your moodboard as much as I do! xoxo
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely choose the lion totem. Makes me want to wear it as a reminder to be courageous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh-my goodness, I WANT the unicorn ring:)!:)! All gorgeous pieces!

    ReplyDelete

LOVELY THOUGHTS