Saturday, October 6, 2012

little loves

Hey Lovelies!

Hope your week was lovely, just like mine! I had a pretty hectic week and skipped both my kickboxing and my zumba classes (so bad I know!), but I'm ready to get back on the bandwagon this week. Other than slacking there I was busy with work, blogging, and of course made some time for a great double date night, movie night with some friends, and today I'm walking the Akron Making Strides for Breast Cancer event with my grandmother (who is a survivor).

I wore this last Sunday for a casual date night. After looking everywhere for a chambray top I finally found one at Target and I love it. I am thinking I might need to go back and grab another in a different style because I have been wearing the heck out of this thing. 

I am on the hunt for a longer tunic style chambray top that would be good over leggings, has anyone seen one?

Oh how I adore Mask Monday. This week I went with Murad's Intensive-C Radiance Peel for my face, and Skyn Iceland's Eye Gels for some under eye care (c/o Bloom.com), and then used one of my all time favorite products One Love Organic's Skin Savior on my hair. A few weeks ago OLO posted a tutorial on their blog on how to do a hair treatment with Skin Savior and a straightening iron. I was really happy with the results.

Have any of you ever tried One Love Organics? Though the price tag might shock some of you at first, I promise this is hands down the BEST of the best stuff you can put on your skin. They have this awesome sample pack for under $4 with free shipping.

As soon as I saw my favorite little boutique post a photo of this on their Facebook page I just had to have it. It is the perfect size for my girly emergency kit, that is always coming in handy. 

I tried out the idea I had to adapt this recipe HERE for a banana cream pie. It turned out alright but I would change a few things next time. Not to mention it didn't set that well, so I was thinking it might be better in a pretty desert bowl, as a layered desert you serve with a spoon. Either way it was yummy and a huge hit with the boys on date night. I will let you know once I get the recipe nailed down. Or email me if you have questions.

Once I started really getting into beauty I realized what a difference filling in your eyebrows makes, and I have never looked back. It totally changes the way I look and feel. I look awake, bright, complete, and I always get tons of compliments on my eyes when my brows are colored in. I was lucky enough to get the new Stila In The Know palette in my September Bloom.com ambassador box and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette. It actually reminds me a lot of UD's Naked palette but it's matte shadows (which I am huge huge fan of).

If you're new to filling in your brows I recommend using a powder, or matte shadow like I used here. I still swear by this method but pencils are great too, though more advanced. Just get an angled brush and use a shadow similar to your brow color but a little lighter, I used Driftwood from this palette. You want to make small light strokes, mimicking eyebrow hairs. Use a Q-tip to blend if need be.


In all fairness I did warm you I have been wearing the heck out of this top. It just looks SO GOOD with colored and printed denim! I wore this out on Friday with my friends to see the movie Pitch Perfect (yes I was that show choir girl in high school). These black flats are getting worn out and it makes me incredibly sad. These were actually a replacement pair from the pair I had originally. Hands downy he cutest, most comfortable black flats I have ever owned. Whatever will I do when they die?

As much as I do hate the cold, I do love outerwear. Paired this outfit with my black leather moto jacket and this cream ombre style infinity scarf from H+M.


Also in case you haven't noticed I did announce the winner for this lovely cuff from Oceanne. See if it was you HERE. And don't you worry your lovely lithe head if you didn't win because first Oceanne is offering 25% OFF just for my readers for a limited time. So hurry and snatch of something amazing (holiday's are just around the corner too) with code LOVELY25.

Shop HERE

Also my current Glam Grab giveaway for this killer statement necklace is almost up! 
Hurry and enter HERE.




5 comments:

  1. Loving the Chambray top! I got one last season and unfortunately left it behind at dinner one night while traveling when I brought it as a jacket, bummer! It really does look great with basically anything though, you may have jut convinced me I should probably go back out and get another! Hope you're having a great weekend and thanks for the sweet comments on my blog too!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm banana creme pie! and i love the chambray and red together

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun stuff in this post! Where do I begin? Love all the looks...I have those leopard skinnies and LOVE them!!! I need a piece of the banana cream pie and I always fill in my brows. It does make a HUGE difference!!! Thanks for the sweet comment from my Friday post. You made me smile! ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too want a chambray tunic/top for leggings. It stinks because in Florida we dont get all the cute Fall looks so I feel like my hunt is everlasting!

    I love how you are wearing the chambray with red and then also leopard pants! So frickin' cute! I didnt realize that you are in Ohio! I will be there in November for a wedding, I love it there and want to move there so badly!

    xo Teresa
    www.delightfullydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of those pairs of skinny jeans! The leopard ones are so incredibly fun paired with the leather jacket too.
    I've thought about filling in my eyebrows because I really like how a strong brow looks, but mine are usually covered by my bangs so I don't bother haha

    ReplyDelete

LOVELY THOUGHTS